Happy Fourth of July and a very happy WIAW to you all.
Unfortunately I don’t really have a patriotic theme for this holiday, nor am I celebrating at any parties since my significant other is working a super long shift, but I do have some things I am very excited to share with you!
I have to start with my very favorite thing I am consuming lately, which begins my day deliciously and absolutely screams SUMMER! (Look for a different spin on it tomorrow when I post my entry for the Wild Harvest HLS Breakfast Challenge!!!)
Peachy Summer Sammy
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Bagel Thin, Breakfast Thin, Plain Bagel, English Muffin, or 2 Frozen Waffles
- 1 Container Plain Chobani
- 1 Ripe Peach
- Cinnamon (If you are like me it is a pretty generous serving J)
- Maple Syrup (I have to admit I still use the Sugar Free but any will do)
- TJ Sunflower Butter
This is not rocket science and takes about a minute to assemble, but I typically toast up my grain (as you can see you have a pretty big variety of what you can choose from, all based on taste preference, of course).
- Then you layer one side of the breakfast bread.
- Add the about ¾ of the container of yogurt.
- Slice the delicious fruit and arrange it how you like.
- Sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle, that cinnamon.
- Insert next side of grain.
- Top that tower with the remaining Cho.
- Drizzle those amazing toppings!
….and maybe a little more cinnamon, but that’s just me 😉
And here it is all mashed up ready to eat! YUM!
There are a million different combinations this will work with, but I am telling you, the fresh peaches at our market are out of this world right now and I am looking for any excuse to use them.
I won’t reveal anymore because I want you to come back tomorrow.
Ok, I lied. I cannot wait to try this with a little PB Crave Coco-Banana and sliced nanners in the middle, but that will be for next week when my delectable peaches are gone.
But still, please come back tomorrow for the Wild Harvest Challenge 🙂
If you are also searching for a lunch that to me fabulous for this time of year, and a great way to clean out your fridge/demolish your CSA box, look no further.
Easy-Peasy Veggie Pasta Pleaser
- Half a Box of Pasta (any kind will do)
- 1 Bottle of Newman’s Own Low-fat Balsamic vinaigrette with oil poured off the top
- Half a small bag of baby carrots chopped
- 2 peppers chopped (use different colors for some pizzaz!)
- 1 bunch of asparagus tips
- 1 very large crown of broccoli chopped
- 1 cup corn off the cob
- 1 small box of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small can of black beans drained
- 3 breasts of chicken (I LOVE Perdue Perfect Portions individually wrapped for this!) cooked in fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Feta or any type of fresh cheese you prefer
- Plain Balsamic Vinegar
- Cook the pasta as directed on the box.
- Chop all the vegetables and coat them in about ¼ bottle of dressing, in a super duper large bowl.
- Dice the chicken into small pieces and add to the veggies.
- Add the drained beans.
- When the pasta is finished cooking and somewhat cooled, add to the mixture and pour on the rest of the dressing.
- Mix well.
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator overnight (so the flavors POP!)
- Add the optional ingredients for a little extra punch, if you dare!
- Eat and Enjoy 🙂
Again, there are six billion different combinations you could try to mix-up the taste in this dish. I don’t always add beans and I typically omit the pasta because it isn’t my favorite thing in the world (I am more of a crusty bread girl) but adding the starch helped round this out for the party I took it to this weekend, and no one seemed to complain.
Regardless of any additions or deletions, this has always been a crowd favorite and awesome for a light, refreshing and absolutely yummy summer meal.
A few other things have graced my lips over the past weeks and cannot go without mention…
Today is the last day to enter and I have to say, I really wish all of you could win because this stuff is AMAZING.
They titled it perfectly because it really is crave-ably phenomenal.
I wish I could give you a personal preference of the flavors but they are all good for different reasons…
Razzle Dazzle is awesome at breakfast mixed with fruit, yogurt, nut butter and some sort of starch.
The Coco-Nana I just want to eat on something chocolate….like Trade Joes Chocolate Cats!
And to be honest, this doesn’t even scratch the surface because it seriously is some of the tastiest spreads I have ever had.
Just go enter. I promise you wont regret it if you win.
I also was lucky enough to receive a treat from one of my all time favorite brands; Clif Bar.
My husband and I eat A LOT of Clif Products; Mojos, Builders, Luna, Luna Fiber, Regular Clif, even Clif Z.
But now there is a new guy in town and I am a pretty big fan.
Have you heard of Kit Organics?
They sort of remind me of a Larabar because they are soft and chewy with a texture I really enjoy if in the mood for a change (remember, I love crunch?!)
The company sent me samples of the Peanut Butter Fruit and Nut Bar and I was really blown away by the flavor and fullness factor; absolutely perfect for a morning or afternoon snack that satisfied my need for both sweet and a little salt.
I am hoping to soon try the Cashew and Chocolate Almond Coconut but sadly cannot find them near me.
But maybe my wonderful mother will send me another generous care package because when I arrived home from our vacation I found a huge box of these…
And not just THIS type, but a VARIETY box filled with kinds I have never even heard of!
Sweet Thai Chili…
Yes, they are all as fantastic as they sound and a wonderful accompaniment for those picnics this holiday weekend.
Thanks Mom! What a thing to come home to!
…Now if only you wanted to send me some of those Kit flavors mentioned above….and perhaps some Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter…
Not to be too greedy or anything 😉
Have an awesome Fourth of July! and I will see you tomorrow for another fun breakfast feature!! 😉