You know, I have done so many heavy posts lately that I figured when my friend Lauren decided to tag me in this survey, it might be a nice time to do something a little more fun!
I am sure if you are a blog-reader you have seen this floating around the community, but the idea is I will tell you 11 completely random things about myself, and then answer the set of questions Lauren provided.
So here goes…
1. I absolutely detest scary movies and haven’t actually watched one since I was in middle school (Stir of Echoes!) at a sleepover.
I got so frightened I had to call my mom and go home. I didn’t sleep in my own bedroom for weeks and was totally embarrassed!
2. I took Karate when I was little and a few years ago tried my hand at Krav Maga.
Unfortunately when I got sick I had to give up the hobby due to Ryan feeling it was overly strenuous (fyi, it is pretty bad ass) but I would love to do it again someday. There is nothing more empowering than feeling like you can protect yourself and throw a mean punch.
Maybe he made me quit because he was scared I could beat him up….
3. I absolutely love the Disney High School Musical Movies. I even went to see the original off-Broadway and know the dance steps to “We’re All in This Together.” I swear in another life I was a Disney World Dancer.
4. I really don’t like Halloween. My mom never let us buy costumes growing up so I always had weird make-shift outfits that were hideously embarrassing. I think I am a bit bitter…
5. The only time I ever got grounded when I was younger was in high school when I snuck out. We have am alarm system that changes color when it is turned on or off so I don’t really know how I thought I could get away with it, but I tried anyway. FAIL.
6. I went through a phase where I would only wear things if they had gems, sequins or were sparkly…
7. I don’t know how to parallel park and have only ever done it once; during my actual driver’s test. Come to think of it, I am not a very good driver in general so I think I only passed because the man felt bad for me.
8. I sometimes sleep with my UGG boots on because my feet are constantly cold.
9. The Today Show is the only morning show I will ever watch. The others just don’t compare in my opinion. Plus, who doesn’t love Matt Lauer?! 🙂
10. When I was little I used to write plays. My friends and I would practice for weeks and put on performances for anyone who would watch…pretty much only our parents and some neighbors, but I have really good memories of this time.
11. I only chew EXTRA Spearmint Gum. I was once told it was the best “kissing gum” and I haven’t bought a different kind since.
Ok, now onto the Lauren-inspired questions!
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
This is such a difficult question because there are a million different places that I find fascinating and beautiful; some I have seen and others that are on my bucket list, BUT after visiting the South of France a few years ago I would have to say the small village called Eze might just top my list. (My blog banner was taken from the peak of the town!)
It is a short drive from more major cities/countries like Nice, Cannes and Monaco, but oh my gosh this tiny little medieval village sits on a cliff, with absolutely no cars, picturesque petite homes, a five star hotel and gardens on top of a fortress. It was one of the most breathtaking destinations I have ever seen and I definitely would love to go back.
Living there wouldn’t be half bad either!
- Beer or Wine?
Oh goodness, well considering I don’t really drink this is a tough one for me to answer, but I do enjoy tours of vineyards and there was a point in my life where I did enjoy a nice glass of vino. For that reason, I am going to say wine.
- What is your favorite quote?
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” -Walt Disney
I don’t think it’s a secret that I am obsessed with Disney World and pretty much all things that have to do with the mouse (and princesses!!!) so it may not come as a surprise that I love Walt’s quote.
I also think it is a fantastic motto to live by because it discourages people from saying, “I can’t.” Maybe I need to start applying old Walt’s wisdom to my own life…
- One thing you always have in your purse?
There are many things I keep in my purse, the obvious being wallet, cell phone, etc. but I never leave home without a camelback water bottle, my Kindle, and blue medicated Blistex. Chapped lips are one of my least favorite feelings in the world.
- The best concert you’ve ever been to?
I love Dave Matthews’s concerts as well, but let me tell you, watching Usher dance is mesmerizing. He is just SO good at being an entertainer, and the movement did not stop from start to finish. Totally amazing concert and I seriously hope another comes this way soon.
- What would be your last meal?
This is another hard question to answer considering the fact that I am a crazy person when it comes to food (ok, let’s be honest, I am nuts about much more than food!) but eating disorder thoughts aside it is a toss up between an amazing breakfast of peanut butter stuffed french toast with fresh fruit, or Alaskan King Crab legs with a baked yam and some garlic spinach followed by soft serve ice cream with toppings, or maybe even a really good pizza that I had in Italy once…
Like I said, hard question for me to answer with a starving brain, because too many things sound good!
- What is one word that makes you cringe?
Penis. I know this sounds weird but I hate that word. I especially hated hearing it from my teachers in health class…
- If you could live one day as the opposite sex, what is the first thing you would do?
Enjoy the minimal primping process! I think that is why I admire Caitlin’s bravery for taking on The Naked Face Project.
I am totally guilty of putting on makeup nearly everyday, shaving my legs, doing my hair, etc.
I am not really good at the whole beautification routine, but I still do it to feel somewhat better about myself, and the shortest amount of time it ever takes me to be ready to go to work is half an hour.
Ryan can be ready for a nice dinner in 5 minutes.
- Do you believe in soul mates?
Yes, I absolutely do, BUT I believe you can have more than one.
- Gossip Girl or Glee?
Thankfully they are on different nights. I DVR them both!
- What would be your ideal job?
If I could do anything in the world it would be work in the travel industry. I would either be a guest services representative at Disney World or work on a cruise ship as a cruise director. I will totally do one of these things someday…
Remember, “if you can dream it, you can do it!”
Since many of my bl-iends have already participated, I am not tagging anyone specific, but I would love to hear from anyone out there who wants to offer up some random information about yourselves! I always love learning about readers!