Because of leaving for Florida, our menu for the week included options of the variety that “cleaned out everything in the fridge regardless of how random the combination may have seemed.”
Everything turned out pretty well, but there was one stand-out dish that I felt I just had to share.
With the warmer weather, my body craved fruits, vegetables and powerful flavors. It was a good thing because I had a bag of lettuce mix, spinach, pineapple and a variety of other produce in the crisper that needed to be used.
I always keep a variety of proteins in the freezer, and condiments on the refrigerator door, so one afternoon as I was driving home from an appointment, I started to fantasize about what I should make for dinner.
And then it came to me…
Wholly-Mole Kickin’ Shrimp Salad
This picture does not do this delicious salad any justice. I promise once you look at the ingredient list, and if you decided to make it for yourself, you can totally confirm what I am talking about, but wow! I thought it was pretty darn good.
- 4 Jumbo Shrimp
- A few shakes of Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- Lots of lettuce/spinach
- Handful of fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons of Wholly Guacamole Spicy Guac
- 2 Tablespoons of Newman’s Own Low-fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
- A few more shakes of Mrs. Dash
1. Coat the shrimp in Mrs. Dash and sear them in a pan until they are done.
2. Put all the other ingredients in a Tupperware container, including Guacamole and salad dressing.
3. Put the lid on the container and shake, shake, shake, so everything is evenly dressed.
4. Top with shrimp and a few extra shakes of Mrs. Dash.
5. Enjoy 🙂
The whole salad took like, 10 minutes to make and was soooo yummy. It reminded me of something you would get on an island, even though it is half way through October.
So if you are looking for something quick, and like a little pizzaz to your greens, give this baby a try! I dont think you will be disappointed!