So technically I am almost a day into my Eat What I Want Weekend and I am excited to report it has been going well!
I brown bagged it today for lunch since I was working at the pool, which was not that exciting or picture-worthy, since it was a pretty typical selection, BUT, I did make some delicious eats for dinner and dessert.
Recently I purchased Joseph’s Flax Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita Shells, which I fully intended on using for the Brown Bag Challenge this week, making perhaps a few yummy sandwiches, but today I had serious craving for pizza, and figured they would make the PERFECT base.
You have seen homemade pizza on here a few times but this one was pretty darn good so I feel as if I need to share what went into this amazing dinner…
First it began yesterday with the roasted tomatoes.
- Tomatoes Sliced (4)
- Garlic Gold Nuggets!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees and roast these babies for about an hour.
2. When they are all wrinkly, transfer them to a pan, add some water and continue stirring until the tomatoes break apart and you have a more pasty consistency.
3. Add a pinch more Garlic Gold, seasoning to taste, and let them simmer for half an hour, stirring occasionally.
You will have a relatively thick tomato-ey sauce that works awesome for pizza layer number 1!
To make the actual pizza…
- Joseph’s Pita Bread
- 1/2 Chicken Sausage cooked and diced (I used Nature’s Promise Spinach and Feta)
- Sweet Peppers
- Onions marinated in balsamic vinegar
- Homemade tomato paste
- LOTS of arugula
- Cabot Reduced Fat Cheese (or any other cheese you like 🙂 )
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (convection).
2. Put all the ingredients on top of your “crust.”
3. Bake for about 12 minutes.
4. Top with fresh basil, crushed red pepper and a pinch of Garlic Gold Nuggets.
5. Savor the amazing flavors!!!
Now, what is a meal without a little something sweet?!
Unfortunately I didn’t have the exact ingredients so I made a few changes and they still turned out pretty fabulous.
Melissa Inspired Banana Chocolate and Peanut Butter Minis
Makes 16 miniature muffies
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 medium ripe banana…smashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Smash the banana in a bowl and add the wet ingredients, mixing them all together.
3. Add the dry ingredients and stir them into the wet.
4. Add the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
5. Fill 16 little muffin wrappers and bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Make your tummy smile 🙂
I hope you are all having a delicious weekend!
What have you been up to the last few days???